MUSINGKU HENCHMEN SURRENDER IN BOUGAINVILLE

admin's picture

PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea (The National, November 30) – Several followers of self-proclaimed king and failed money scheme operator Noah Musingku have voluntarily surrendered themselves to police in Panakei.

Provincial police commander acting Assistant Commissioner Paul Kamuai said five men, who were regarded as government ministers to Musingku’s so-called Kingdom of Papala and a soldier from infantry army trained by the five Fijian soldiers voluntarily gave themselves to police this week.

Mr Kamuai said the works, health, communications, local level government and defence ministers surrendered themselves and were currently interviewed by the police.

He said the violent gunfight between Musingku’s soldiers and the South Bougainville Freedom Fighters (SBFF) in Tonu had stopped.

"Musingku and some of his men, including the five Fijians have moved out of Tonu and have resettled in a small village in the Sininai area.

However, some of his followers who are still in Tonu are now putting up road blocks in the area and are forcefully and illegally collecting money from the passengers," Mr Kamuai said.

He said Musingku’s men had set up two different road blocks in the area and were getting money from the villagers.

Mr Musingku and three of the five Fijians were injured during the gun battle between them and SBFF.

Several of his local followers were injured and killed during the fight last week.

Meanwhile, Musingku has accused the Autonomous Bougainville Government (ABG) for the attack on him and his soldiers.

However, the ABG had denied the attack.

He spoke via a satellite phone, saying he and the five Fijians were alive and well.

Musingku reassured his investors that he would live up to his promises in giving them between 200% and 300% returns.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet

Add new comment