THIRD DEATH THREAT AGAINST AUSSIE OFFICIAL IN FIJI

admin's picture

High Commissioner leaves for Australia

SUVA, Fiji (Fijilive, July 1, 2008) - Australian High Commissioner James Batley left for Australia last Saturday after he received a third death threat letter the previous day.

Police Director Operations Waisea Tabakau told Fijilive that Batley’s departure had nothing to do with the threat because he had been planning the trip for a while.

He said police were investigating the threat.

Tabakau said the letter has the same content as the two previous ones and this time it has been sent by post.

He said the matter had been taken care of and could not reveal when Batley would return from his trip.

Police are yet to solve the two earlier death threats Batley received.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet

Add new comment