FIJI NAVY COMMANDER BACK AT POST

admin's picture

Francis Kean convicted of manslaughter

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (Radio New Zealand International, Feb. 6, 2009) – The Fiji military says Francis Kean will resume his duties as commander of the Fiji Navy next month.

Mr Kean, who was convicted of manslaughter in 2007, was reappointed upon his release from prison.

Reports from Fiji said he was due to return to work yesterday but a military spokesman has now told Fijilive it will be on March the 1st.

His reappointment has been widely criticised.

Last month, the Director of the Centre for Strategic Studies in New Zealand, Peter Cozens, said the decision to give Mr Kean his job back did not look good on the international stage.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet

Add new comment