MILITARY THREATS NOT DETERRING OPPOSING VOICES

admin's picture

Party secretary says he’ll be at political dialogue

SUVA, Fiji (Fiji Sun, April 6, 2009) – We are not worried about the interim Prime Minister calling for our withdrawal from the political dialogue forum, says National Federation Party general secretary Pramod Rae.

Mr. Rae was responding to statements made by Commodore Voreqe Bainimarama on a local radio station last Friday where he said he had been advised by senior military officers to exclude certain political parties and NGOs from being part of the President’s dialogue forum.

"There has been so much talk lately about the meeting on the 9th, I have received proposals, submissions from my senior officers that we exclude the likes of SDL, Qarase and Kinivuai, NFP, Pramod Rae and Attar Singh, all those people and also Mick Beddoes and NGOs for that matter, people that have been speaking against the military and the interim Government as if the 2006 coup has not happened.

"We want to move forward, if they continue down this path as if 2006 has not happened then we need to have them removed from any future talks that would set the frame work for the development of Fiji," Mr. Bainimarama had said.

Rae said the calls by Bainimarama were beginning to sound like a broken record.

"He has made these sorts of calls many times before so we are not worried about it. It is now becoming to sound like a broken record," he said.

Rae said as far as he was concerned they are still attending the dialogue forum scheduled for Thursday.

FijiSUN: http://www.sun.com.fj/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet

Add new comment